Co-founder & Chief Communications Officer, Knewaira, Inc. (March 2017 – present)
Responsible for UX/UI design, branding, digital and creative communications at an early stage startup, an AI web service platform that helps users reach their learning goals.
Deputy Director & Lecturer, Volunteer at Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship, Fulbright Exchange Program
Deputy director, mentor and part-time lecturer to 10-12 international media professionals participating in the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program at the Philip Merrill College of Journalism, University of Maryland
- Developed and taught a class covering online media storytelling, latest digital media trends and leadership skills for managing online projects (Jan. 2014 – March 2017)
- Managed the program as deputy director (Dec. 2013 – July 2015)
- Organized the World Press Freedom Day and helped launch the Press Uncuffed campaign to raise money to free imprisoned journalists around the world by selling bracelets bearing their names at the Philip Merrill College of Journalism (May 4, 2015)
- Lead editor of the Global Leadership Forum (GLF) presentation titled “Reporting on Climate Change” presented in Washington D.C. (Nov. 3, 2014)
- Host family and program volunteer at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism, Arizona State University (Aug. 2010 – June 2013)
Digital Strategist, Multimedia Producer & Designer (June 2004 – Present)
Help clients connect the dots between the needs, wants, and desires of the individual/organization. Develop strategies that emphasize the strengths and opportunities and guide the individual/organization to operate more efficiently, raise brand awareness and reach their goals. In-depth understanding of emerging digital technologies and their applications.
– Lead Web Designer, Tech Women Network (Aug. – Dec. 2016)
Redesigned Tech Women Network’s website and logo. Transformed the original robust Drupal theme into a design that is clean, consistent and user-friendly.
– Web Developer, Twirl New York Magazine (Aug. 2014 – Present)
Contracted to develop Twirl New York weddings magazine in WordPress. Created wireframes, researched, selected and customized the main theme by using a Child Theme concept to fit the different story layouts. Created a posting guide for the client takeover. Setup and developed Twirl New York email templates in MailChimp. Continue to provide consulting and website maintenance.
– On-Demand Webinar Producer, International Media Solutions LLC (Sept. – Nov. 2015)
Over a three-month period, hired to write, produce and direct five on-demand webinars on applying for grants for the Seed Alliance. Production project leader on the Spanish versions for the Latin America LACNIC program.
– Multimedia Consultant, AZ Big Media (July – Sept. 2013)
Hired on a contract basis to analyze and assess the AZ Big Media’s digital and social media platforms. Managed the development of high-level content, design standards, information architecture, and interface. Consulted with team leads and editors to determine the digital direction and established staffing requirements, budgets, and timelines.
– Multimedia Producer, Cronkite News (Aug. – Dec. 2012)
Managed daily production of multimedia content for the Cronkite News website at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism. Supervised nine producers and taught advanced multimedia storytelling, interactive techniques and skills in a newsroom setting. Designed and developed the Election 2012 coverage web page. During the semester under my management, published more than 550 stories that included slideshows, graphics, charts, timelines, supplemental videos, interactive maps, and databases.
– Lead Web Designer, News21 (Aug. – Sept. 2010)
“Breakdown: Traveling Dangerously in America,” a National News21 Carnegie-Knight Journalism Initiative at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism. Designed the project website and created 16 interactive graphics. The project was also published on msnbc.com and The Washington Post.
Social Media Editor at CherylStyle (April 2011 – May 2012)
Managed the Social Media team. Created and implemented the company’s social media strategy, developed brand awareness and generated inbound traffic. Evaluated, planned, organized, managed and contributed to social media channels to reach the company targets and objectives. Worked closely with the Marketing, Editorial and PR teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network.
Web & Interactive Graphic Designer at Kahala Corp (Sept. 2009 – April 2011)
Planned, analyzed and created visual solutions for the brands’ online presence. Researched and looked for new and innovative social media trends. Designed and executed social media campaigns, such as the Facebook Summer Picnic Gold Cone contest that got nearly 4,000 entries and 56,160 new Facebook fans during the contest period.
Web Content Producer at East Valley Tribune, Mesa, AZ (May 2007 – March 2009)
Created and produced numerous award-winning multimedia Special Reports packages including “Reasonable Doubt” that won the Pulitzer Prize for local reporting in 2009. Created interactive charts, graphics, maps, and databases for online stories. Shot and produced videos. Designed and developed section pages. Maintained the website on a daily basis.